What If My Dental Crown Cracks, Comes Loose, or Comes Off?
Dental crowns from Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla not only improve the appearance of a damaged tooth, they improve its strength and structural integrity.
Crowns are sturdy covers for teeth that have undergone extensive dental work. They are made from durable materials and meant to last for years. But they aren’t indestructable, and sometimes they can come off due to trauma or some other reason.
If this happens to you, here is what you should do:
1. First things first: ifit has come completely off, try to find it.
Chances are we can reattach it. If you think you may have unintentionally swallowed it, it’s not the end of the world. We can make a new one.
2. The second thing you need to do is call us. Remember these two important things:
- Even if we didn’t perform the crown treatment, we can re-attach it for you.
- If the crown is broken, we can create a replacement crown in one visit.
3. What if your crown comes off after business hours or on the weekend?
You can do a temporary fix by reattaching it yourself. Use denture adhesive, available at any drugstore. Do not use ordinary glue. Until you can get to our office, eat soft foods.
At Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla dental crowns are among our cosmetic dentistry procedures. Patients from Solano Beach, Del Mar, and Claremont come to our office for these and other treatments. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Weston Spencer DDS – Conservative Comprehensive Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):