This message from Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla CA focuses on a very serious issue: oral cancer. Oral cancer claims tens of thousands of lives each year, which is why we offer oral cancer screenings at each checkup. Early detection can make all the difference!
Signs to Look For
- A lump or thickening in your throat
- White or red patches on your tongue, tonsils, or lining of your cheeks and gums
- Numbness of any oral feature
- Any type of lesion, cut, or canker-type sore that doesn’t heal within 14 days
- If you notice anything unusual, be sure to tell us or your doctor.
We perform basic screenings. If we notice anything suspicious, there is no immediate cause for alarm. We won’t know right away if we’re looking at something cancerous, but will probably refer you for additional testing.
Early detection through an oral cancer screening at Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla CA can make all the difference, and only takes a few minutes. People from Solano Beach, Del Mar, and Claremont also come to our practice for complete general dentistry. Contact us for an appointment today!
Contact Weston Spencer DDS – Conservative Comprehensive Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):