Cracked teeth can be painful, unattractive, and costly to repair. In this blog post from Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla we’ll review an easy-to-follow list of tips to keep your teeth whole and strong.
- Don’t chew on hard things. Steer clear of ice, hard candies, hard nuts, popcorn, and beef jerky. Watch out for stone fruits—that peach may be soft but if you bite hard into the stone, you could damage a tooth.
- Wear a mouthguard. If you enjoy pick-up basketball games, indoor soccer leagues, rec center flag football, and many other activities, you should be using a well-fitting mouth protector.
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool. Use scissors to open a string cheese or rip the price tag off a new piece of clothing with your teeth. Use a nutcracker for nuts.
- Don’t ignore bruxism. Grinding your teeth is harmful. If you know or suspect that you are a tooth grinder, talk to us about it.
- Get regular check-ups and cleanings. We can identify conditions that might predispose you to cracked teeth, such as uneven chewing surfaces. We may also discover tiny cracks you aren’t aware of, and repair them.
At Weston Spencer DDS in La Jolla, the dental health of our patients is always our top priority. Services include complete general dentistry. Patients from Solano Beach, Del Mar, and Claremont also improve their smiles with our cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment today!
Contact Weston Spencer DDS – Conservative Comprehensive Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):